The Contest is now closed. Thank you all for participating. The answers are listed below.
We have a couple of copies of the new edition of Warren Buffett Speaks: Wit and Wisdom from the World’s Greatest Investor by Janet Lowe to give away and we think you would all love the book. As a result, we will be holding a contest. The first two people to name the people behind the following quotes will receive a free copy of the book. Please send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. If no one can name all 8 correctly, the two earliest received entries with the most correct will receive a copy of the book.
Get your entries in as soon as you can – we will be announcing the winners and giving away the answers in the next few days.
On to the quotes:
1) "I’d be a bum on the street with a tin cup if the markets were efficient " Warren Buffett
2) “You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you. You are right (or wrong) because your data and reasoning are right (or wrong).” Benjamin Graham
3) “Rule Number One: Never Lose Money. Rule Number Two: Never forget rule number one.” Warren Buffett
4) “All Intelligent Investing Is Value Investing” Charlie Munger
5) "The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Philip Fisher
6) “Forgetting your mistakes is a terrible error if you are trying to improve your cognition.” Charlie Munger
7) “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator. This means… that he should be able to justify every purchase he makes and each price he pays by impersonal, objective reasoning that satisfies him that he is getting more than his money’s worth for his purchase.” Benjamin Graham
8) “Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful.” Warren Buffett